Sunday, April 15, 2012

Get Your Act Together

I am just going to ramble a minute for a break; about this online class I am taking this semester.
Class is History 2020.
I am having a hard time getting it together in this class. For the record, online classes are hard to take when you are a visual learner, but I took my first History class in the classroom and was BTD!-(BORED TO DEATH)
With the online class at least I am just facing the questions that need to be answered and then I can rush to find them to answer discussion boards and type papers using Google and my text book. With this, who needs a teacher, right?
Well apparently that's the case anyways. I am so frustrated.
Here I am, at the two week (or so) mark until classes are over for the semester...
if you are a college student you know what this mark means.
It means full on stress, hard work, more of a commitment than you would ever want, and focus you really just don't have. It means feeling crappy and staying on the edge of feelings. I am usually very tired and will snap if anyone says something wrong to me because I am so ready for my usual 3-4 month summer break.
Going back....
two weeks until the final exams and I have yet to even get a grade for my midterm in this class.

Our teacher constantly sends out these emails of apologies that his mother had bone cancer, she is older, she is dying, and is constantly in and out of hospice.
Do I feel sorry for him? Well, yes! I am not heartless and I would clearly be devastated if I lost my mother, especially of all people. I love my mom. She is my nurturer. But at what point do you put your job on hold, your students are left out in the cold and in the dark waiting...for your attention? Well, we are at this point. I have yet to get any grades posted, I have sent several emails and had 0 (zero) responses.
I don't know what to do. How do I contact him?

Earlier this semester he even told us that he bought a smart phone to stay in contact with us students, to help us, to answer questions, and to guide us.
Apparently he lied, or he cannot work a smart phone.
It pisses me off!! (excuse my language of frustration.)
He can't answer back to anyone OR post grades....???

It gets better...
I have a friend in this class with me, a girl I went to high school with, and she fell behind on two assignments, like me, due to having a little one....and SHE ALSO has had the same problem. She hasn't seen any grades, heard any responses and she is having the same "left in the dark" feeling.

Online evaluations were yesterday and I had to do it...I evaluated him "poor" and "very poor" on everything because he isn't even there as a teacher. I am wanting to report this problem to further above him, like the Dean. I mean I understand he is going through a hard time....but this is where it turns to crap.

He cannot respond to an email, but he has enough time to post more work!! More papers for us to type, more time for us to take when HE cannot even take the TIME to be a teacher. Man. I am fed up.
All I know....is I BETTER make a great grade. Shew.
Rant over.

No comments:

Post a Comment